Thursday, January 13, 2011

Lashtastic

Guys!  It's almost time for the first official charcutepalooza post!  I'm so excited.  The duck breasts are just about ready and I can't wait to taste and tell you about them!  Tom can't wait either.  I know this thanks to my friend Kate


I found this pic on a 2007 interview with Tom Colicchio in the New York Restaurant Insider but it's much better thanks to her craftiness.  Plus obviously that's what he's thinking.  So get excited, it's almost duck prosciutto time.


On another note...
I have a weird obsession with eyelashes/mascara.  I would LOVE to have ridiculously long eyelashes that didn't require a lick of mascara. All my cousins have this... its not fair.  Instead, all my eyelash wishes seem to have migrated up an inch to my eyebrows, which require a wax practically every other week.  I even went so far as to get novalash lash extensions before my wedding.  Sounds crazy, looked awesome.  But they were uncomfortable and definitely not worth the discomfort or the price.  I am contemplating a lash growing formula but I'm not especially interested in iris overpigmentation or itchy, red eyes... what's a girl to do.

My go-to mascara is DiorShow Blackout mascara from Sephora.  This mascara, applied right after a quick lash curl is really the best out there, in my opinion.  It's an amazing inky black that applies perfectly every time. But NOW they have gone a step further.


DiorShow 360 Mascara... it spins people! And look at that brush... weird!

I don't know if this is a good thing or not... but it certainly is intriguing.  I plan to pick some up this weekend and will let you know how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Tom. Squeee. I'm so excited to see/read how these challenges play out. The photos of the rendered duck fat and cracklings are amazing. Bring it!

    ReplyDelete