Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Remember Me?

Hi Friends!  Remember that time that I said I would never leave you for that long again?  Ahh sorry!  Life got the best of me for a bit and while I won't make any more promises, I will try my absolute hardest not to abandon you so severely.  Truth is, I missed this space and would really like to get back to it in earnest. 
So here we are.  I hope that I didn't leave you for so long that you forgot about me!  What inspired me most to come back and post (that rhyme was totally unintended but it's awesome so it stays) was a visit I made with some wonderful friends to a Virginia winery and farm a while back to celebrate my darling friend Marianne's impending nuptuals.   The farm and vineyard is called Zephania and their tasting room is in the living room of their family home, built in the 1800s.


The company was great, the wine was delicious but the best part was the incredibly welcoming family that ran the vineyard.  Everyone in the family had other full time jobs and was running the farm and vineyard in their spare time - a true labor of love! Their son, who provided us with our tour and barrel tasting, had graduated with a degree in viticulture and chemistry and was working with some new and interesting blends (holy runon sentence batman).


Their land is also home to a farm on which they raise some fantastic grass fed beef.  They lovingly care for their animals and ensure they have the best and healthiest possible life.  The farm and vineyard are both sustainable, family run operations that I love to support.  (The fact that they are right near the fabulous Leesburg Outlets is an added bonus.) If you sign up for their facebook page, they'll let you know when you can come by the farm and help them pick the grapes.


If you're looking for something fun to do this fall/winter, please visit Zephania Vineyard.  I can't say enough good things about this lovely, family run winery and farm!

1 comment: